top of page
Scawby Hall is a Grade 1-listed, Jacobean manor house that was first begun by Richard Nelthorpe (1569-1640) in 1603 and has been lived in by members of the Nelthorpe family ever since. The house has been expanded and remodelled by successive generations. In 1792, upon the sale of Baysgarth Hall in Barton-upon-Humber, Scawby Hall became the main residence in Lincolnshire of the Nelthorpe family. Today the house is at the centre of a working estate, and is open to the public on selected days each summer.
bottom of page